This discovery board offers everything required for users to get started quickly and develop applications easily. The full range of hardware features on the board helps to evaluate almost all peripherals and develop your own applications.
The STM32F429I-Discovery board includes an ST-LINK/V2 embedded debug tool, a 2.4" QVGA TFT LCD, an external 64-Mbit SDRAM, an ST MEMS gyroscope, a USB OTG micro-AB connector, LEDs and push-buttons.
ST-LINK driver installation and firmware upgrade
- Download the latest ST-LINK driver.
- Extract the archive and run
dpinst_amd64.exe. Follow the displayed instructions.
- Download the latest ST-LINK firmware upgrade.
- Extract the archive and run the STLinkUpgrade.exe program.
- Connect the board to your PC using a USB cable and wait until the USB enumeration is completed.
- In the ST-Link Upgrade program, press the Device Connect button.
- When the ST-LINK driver is correctly installed, the current ST-LINK version is displayed.
- Press the Yes >>>> button to start the firmware upgrade process.