The STM32 Nucleo board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features.
The Arduino™ connectivity support and ST Morpho headers make it easy to expand the functionality of the STM32 Nucleo open development platform with a wide choice of specialized shields.
The STM32 Nucleo board does not require any separate probe as it integrates the ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer.
These headers give access to all STM32 pins.
ST-LINK driver installation and firmware upgrade
- Download the latest ST-LINK driver (Windows only).
- Extract the archive and run
dpinst_amd64.exe. Follow the displayed instructions.
- Download the latest ST-LINK firmware upgrade (Linux/Mac OS/Windows).
- Extract the archive and run the STLinkUpgrade application.
- Connect the board to your PC using a USB cable and wait until the USB enumeration is completed.
- In the ST-Link Upgrade program, press the Device Connect button.
- The current ST-LINK version should be displayed.
- Press the Yes >>>> button to start the firmware upgrade process.