The discovery kit enables a wide range of use cases taking advantage of premium graphics, audio, multi-sensor support, WVGA color display, security, memory extension and connectivity features. An embedded ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer is included; specialized add-on boards can be connected thanks to the Arduino™ UNO or to the expansion connectors.
ST-LINK driver installation and firmware upgrade
- Download the latest ST-LINK driver.
- Extract the archive and run
dpinst_amd64.exe. Follow the displayed instructions.
- Download the latest ST-LINK firmware upgrade.
- Extract the archive and run the STLinkUpgrade.exe program.
- Connect the board to your PC using a USB cable and wait until the USB enumeration is completed.
- In the ST-Link Upgrade program, press the Device Connect button.
- When the ST-LINK driver is correctly installed, the current ST-LINK version is displayed.
- Press the Yes >>>> button to start the firmware upgrade process.